Thursday, May 7, 2009

Common Grounds Cafe - Methuen, MA

In the spirit of adventurousness, I stopped at the Common Grounds Café in Methuen, MA on evening. I was hesitant upon parking, but at my husband’s encouraging I went in and placed an order. The place did not disappoint and not in a good way! The store was dirty and I felt gross being inside there. If you know me, you know that I am in no way a neat freak. However, this place gave me the creepy-crawlies. I ordered my iced latte (as always) and noticed that their menu offered a variety of food offerings included pizza. There was a keno counter behind me. The coffee was bad. I asked for an iced latte and got a “mocha” with Hershey’s syrup….definitely not what I was expecting. If I had received an actual mocha made with delicious syrup that would have been a very different situation. I didn’t try any of the foods that were offered, nor did I play keno. On the plus side, there appeared to be ample seating in the café area and the people who worked there were very friendly. The espresso was pulled from a regular espresso machine….not push button. Bottom line: I would not return to this place. They had plenty of seating, friendly people and no push button operation. On the negative side I did not receive what I ordered and what I received was not very good. As well, the place appeared dirty. Keep sipping and I’ll keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment